Sunday, April 5, 2009

Gente Digital

Hey! I haven't been able to post pictures in months, and now that I am able to, I only have a few to post. :/ They are from a camp training session I went to for counselors, we will be hosting close to 1000 youth in over 30 camps/trainings in the region in the next two months. They are a good crew and I'm looking forward to it :)

The point of the camps is to train youth to be future community leaders. There is a focus on developing critical thinking skills, an idea of gender equality, and skills to organize and develop community.

Fotos

I have not yet made progress on talking with church leaders, but its definitely in my mind. Currently I am in San Pedro Sula at the MCC office with Liz, Caleb, and Bikemovent gurus Jon Spicher and Lars Akerson (americas.bikemovement.org). They just made chocolate icing to use on our banans in a bit. It'll be wonderful :) A special shout-out thanks goes to Jenny Hostetler, who sent Jon a bar of wonderful dark chocolate.

No comments: