Saturday, July 4, 2009

Photos to pass the time

Probably the last photos I will post here in Honduras

I'm at the MCC farm near Lago Yojoa with the Stephens family. Its been fun to to hang out and see some farm work and dull a machete on some rocks. The political situation here has been preoccupante this week. I feel like it should be alright, but the situation is a little more worrying for the Hondurans as international aid money is being cut and possible sanctions could be applied. I went to church last Sunday after hearing that the president had been taken to Costa Rica and I saw the usual load of babies and small children there. With the political situation as it is, it makes me wonder about their future. It is heavy on my heart that while I can leave easily and carry on with my life, the children of Honduras's education, their parent's livelihood, and a million other things are in jeopardy. So please, take a moment to pray for Honduras and its people, wisdom for Honduran and other Latin American leaders.

Thanks!

No comments: